Heart Cake Tutorial!
This one is a doozy! I’m still trying to figure it out myself, but basically it looks as if they dug a heart shaped dome into the middle of the cake and filled it with red velvet cake. Easier said than done! Enjoy! Good luck!
For the red velvet cake I messed around with a recipe from Magnolia Bakery.
*This is how I modified this recipe: I used 2 sticks of butter, 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons of food color, and apple cider vinegar. I wanted a more dense cake because I knew I was using it in the center of the heart cake and I needed to make sure it was sturdy enough.
- 3 1/3 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
**Need more help? don’t contact me about this one LOOOOOOOOOOL contact the source! hahaha! I can’t stop laughing! i’m j/k! :D